saliences.com : Revision History
Version 3.2.10 - February 11th, 2013
- Upgrade to PHP 5.4
- Updated to jQuery 1.9.0
- ENHANCEMENT: Slightly more user friendly lightbox.
Version 3.2.9 - July 8th, 2012
- BUG FIX: Fixed bug in album lightbox code which prevented opening of lightbox.
- Store script execution time in instrumentation db.
- Updated to jQuery 1.7.2
- Updated to Colorbox 1.3.19
Version 3.2.8 - July 24th, 2011
- Add instrumentation and analytics support to web site.
- Updated to jQuery 1.6.2
Version 3.2.7 - June 26th, 2011
- ENHANCEMENT: Add Commenting box WYSIWYM editor.
- BUG FIX: Lots of little HD widescreen bug fixes.
- BUG FIX: Webln navigation bug fixes.
- BUG FIX: Webln style corrections across different browsers.
- BUG FIX: Webln commenting escaping bug fix.
- Updated to jQuery 1.6.1
Version 3.2.6 - April 28th, 2011
- Revert back to Colorbox 1.3.13
- Do not merge jQuery with other scripts since it is present on every single page.
- Updated to jQuery 1.5.2
- Reorder menu and project page to reflect their importance.
Version 3.2.5 - March 26th, 2011
- ENHANCEMENT: Add support for Deep Zoom images to Image Gallery
- Updated to jQuery 1.5.1
- Updated to Colorbox 1.3.16
Version 3.2.4 - November 25th, 2010
- Updated jQuery to v1.4.4
- Load stylesheets first
- Add sitemap.xml
- Add missing image asset for download page
- Use the same styles on the NPR projects as the rest of the web site
Version 3.2.3 - November 3rd, 2010
- Updated Markdown
- Updated jQuery to v1.4.3
- Updated licensing
- Remove some cruft from menus
Version 3.2.2 - March 7th, 2010
- BUG FIX: Fix content caches for Image Albums
- BUG FIX: Image Album stying updates.
- ENHANCEMENT: Optimize server side memory usage when generating images for image album.
Version 3.2.1 - March 1th, 2010
- ENHANCEMENT: Polished CSS for a couple of elements
Version 3.2.0 - February 6th, 2010
Version 3.1.2 - October 9th, 2009
- ENHANCEMENT: Add Print Stylesheets to site.
- ENHANCEMENT: Speed up templating system a bit.
Version 3.1.1 - October 1st, 2009
- BUG FIX: Fix spacing issue in Technologies section of Menu
- ENHANCEMENT: Run-time based JS and CSS File Merging for less requests.
- ENHANCEMENT: Add ETags to dynamic content for cachability reasons.
- More robust XSL Assembler
- New Copyright page that better describes licensing of content on this site.
- New About Me page that serves as a nice executive summary of the author.
Version 3.1.0 - June 21th, 2009
- Introduce a clear separation between content and the templating system behind it.
- Update Download Page enumerator to use the new templating system.
- Add Web Size Images to Gallery.
Version 3.0.0 - March 17th, 2009
- Re-added Gallery, finally achieving feature parity with 2.3.0
- Update jQuery support library to version 1.3.2 which promises greater speed and better compatibility.
Version 2.9.3 - January 29th, 2009
- BUG FIX: Fix off by one silent exception in Atom feed.
Version 2.9.2 - January 19th, 2009
- BUG FIX: Webln filter by Tags fixed.
Version 2.9.1 - January 18th, 2009
- BUG FIX: Fixed separator issue on Web-ln.
Version 2.9.0 - November 9th, 2008
- Transitioned site to a custom written XSL/Mod_rewrite templating system.
Version 2.3.0 - July 8th, 2008
- Upgraded to PHP 5.2.x, which required all of the database access code to be rewritten to use the new PDO Library
- Preparing for a transition to a new XSLT based framework, which will hopefully come with the next major revision.
- Got rid of a lot of cruft from the web site.
- Switched to ATOM feeds.
- Use jQuery to add special effects to the menu and the gallery information box.
Version 2.2.4 - Saturday August 19th, 2006
- BUG FIX: Added back the e-mail on comment feature to the Webln (management purposes only, no back-end effects.
- ENHANCEMENT: The individual entry viewer for the webln has been refactored to be much much cleaner and work better with IE.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added the Calendar to the Webln for easier navigation of entries.
- ENHANCEMENT: Change over from Categories to Tags in the Webln.
- ENHANCEMENT: Make the registration of the expand/shrink event implicit. Page should load faster now.
Version 2.2.3 - Monday July 31st, 2006
- BUG FIX: Site now (again) passes HTML 4.01 Strict Validation
- BUG FIX: Fixed some grammatical and spelling errors.
- ENHANCEMENT: Changed around how to select comics from different days. Hopefully it is a little more straightforward now.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added the usage of the ACRONYM tag where applicable. This increases the accessibility of the site.
- ENHANCEMENT: Revamped the main Webln page to be able to view entries by date in addition to reverse chronology.
- Everything uses the new Framed Container Decorator objects now. Should make for more legible code.
Version 2.2.2 - Tuesday June 6th, 2006
- ENHANCEMENT: Sketchbook image resizing now has “hotspot” indicators to show the user that the image can be resized.
- BUG FIX: Webln was parsing bold and italic text in an incomplete fashion, missing a lot of cases where words should have been bolded.
- BUG FIX: Sketchbook image resizing would retain aspect ratio regardless of which direction the image was being pulled.
- BUG FIX: Fixed a long-standing bug where the web-ln commenting would break on IE.
- The CS Fun section finally gets an index screen.
- Updating a bunch of links
Version 2.2.1 - Tuesday January 17th, 2006
- ENHANCEMENT: Grammar fixes to the newer content on the site.
- BUG FIX: Correction to some of the erroneous ways that the Web-ln would parse input. More errors have been discovered, but those will have to wait.
- BUG FIX: Correction to the way that the Sketchbook front page would constantly reposition the menu.
Version 2.2.0 - Sunday November 6th, 2005
- Re-implementation of web-site using PHP 5 and SQLite Databases.
- Most changes are on the backend, but allow for easier addition of content in the future.
Version 2.1.4 - Monday August 9th, 2004
- BUG FIX: The Random Dr. Suess name generator now works slightly better.
- BUG FIX: A Link in the T-Shirts page was referring to something weird. The bad XML behind this has been fixed.
- BUG FIX: There were places where the text would hug the borders, this is now fixed.
- BUG FIX: The CSS for the "Rounded Boxes" get overhauled and are now a lot more consistent across browsers.
- BUG FIX: Updated internal links around the site a bit.
- ENHANCEMENT: The Webln timestamps now drop leading zeroes on day of the month and hour. It makes the timestamp shorter and more professional looking.
Version 2.1.3 - Friday July 30th, 2004
- ENHANCEMENT: Further modularization of site by splitting the HEAD section into logical code fragments.
- Replacing all e-mail addresses with the internal U of W version or the "AT DOT" notation. This should theoretically eliminate any incoming SPAM at a minor inconvenience to users.
- Changed some links around to reflect changes on the net.
Version 2.1.2 - Monday July 19th, 2004
- BUG FIX: TD tags would get black borders in Gecko based browsers.
- ENHANCEMENT: The code for the Commenting for the Webln gets cleaned up just the slightest bit.
- Removal of the Krazy Kountdown’s unfinished application.
- Addition of the Comics Syndicator to replace the lame jokes section.
- Broken links get updated to reflect changes on the net.
Version 2.1.1 - This release was streamed in.
- BUG FIX: RSS Syndication gets some additional bug fixes, including an avatar as part of the feed.
- BUG FIX: Webln Entries made with an isolated "/" character are correctly interpreted now.
- BUG FIX: Webln Autoformatting gets some major bug fixes by replacing the Q tag with SPAN tags.
- BUG FIX: The “No Comment” error now gets shown properly if a user does not submit a comment for a webln entry.
- BUG FIX: Style sheet has been further optimized to get more consistent output on all browsers.
- ENHANCEMENT: Favourite Menu Icon for the site.
- The two versions of the site get resynched.
Version 2.1.0 - May 1st, 2004
- BUG FIX: Massive improvements to the CSS of the site, bringing it up to the claimed 100% compliance with W3C standard.
- BUG FIX: RSS Syndication gets massive overhaul, now actually works correctly for both the Sketchbook and the Webln.
- ENHANCEMENT: Webln entries and Comments are slightly more smartly formatted.
- ENHANCEMENT: Custom messages for HTTP 400, 401, 403, 404, and 500 Messages.
- Security for access to the administrative features of the web-site.
Version 2.0.2 - Sunday March 14th, 2004
- The T-Shirt pictures, which had been taken a while back are now live on the site.
- The CSS for the Site gets cleaned up quite a bit, making it easier to add Alternative Style Sheets in the future.
- Some reorganization of the site that puts content in more logical places.
- In addition to the reorganization, there is also more navigational elements on the site now.
- RSS Feed for this Site goes live. Most likely has tons and tons of bugs.
Version 2.0.1 - Sunday February 22nd, 2004
- BUG FIX: Bug fixes to some scripts, mainly the scripts created for the weblog.
- No RSS Feed as of yet, but most of the elements are there to create one.
Version 2.0.0 - Thursday February 5th, 2004
- The first version of the site The Fires Within (Successor to Green Philosophy and Math) gets launched. This version is incredibly heavy on the PHP and XML. It uses numerous W3C standards that none of its viewers can possibly ever care about, however it is designed in a way to degrade gracefully on less blessed browsers. It should also comply well with the Web Accessibility Initiative standard, but I’ve only glanced briefly at that document.
- Everything is new!! Actually that is a lie, the webln got carried over as did most of the content, however the design is brand-spanking new! Some portions of code have been used over from past projects to maintain my sanity.
- This site is partially generated out of XML data using PHP allowing for more interactivity and easier maintainability.
Version 1.0.1 - Monday November 3rd, 2003
- The site gets a new colour scheme. The older one was too orange. Yes this one is very blue, but you can never have too much blue. It is such a neutral colour.
- The Webln and other scripts of the site have been patched up to actually work properly.
Version 1.0.0 - Unknown
- Okay, the web-site is finally live. Stupid PERL Scripts.
- Missing Bits and Pieces: Scrapbook, Trim the Fat, and Mother’s cooking, these will probably be added during my next work term